Goals for 2014 and January
This is really the first year that I have ever been interested in setting goals for the coming year. It's not that I haven't had crazy dreams in the past, but this year I prayed. I asked God for a clear vision of 2014 and I asked Him to grow me, challenge me and mold me. This year I want to be unhindered. 2014 Goals
- Have people in our home often, take treats to our neighbors and make an extravagant dinner for Isaac at least once a month.
- Take our puppies on a walk each day. This is going to require some work. The first time I tried taking them for a walk, I ended up carrying two terrified puppies all the way home.
- Let the Lord refine me to be content.
- Encourage and sharpen YOU. Share the gospel on this little piece of the internet. With you. Tell about what I am learning and what God is doing in my life. I am going to be real here because this is what God is calling me to do.
- Have intentional work days. With Isaac working part-time at home, it's hard to be fully focused the entire day because we end up talking. I am not entirely sure what this is going to look like since I just transformed my office into a guest room. Be still my anxious heart, God always provides.
- No more multitasking. I want to fully invest in whatever I am doing at the moment. This is hard, y'all. Part of running my business means posting regularly on social media (pinterest, instagram, twitter, Facebook) but this doesn't need to happen when I am spending time with Isaac, friends or family. I started implementing this a couple of weeks ago and I can already see how rewarding it is to be fully present.
- Give thanks. I want to praise the Lord for what He has done and is still doing. I want to thank the people in my life who have supported my business. I want to thank the people in my life who have held me up with encouragement and truth.
- Focus on others. When I first started photography, there was this push to make everything about me and praise the Lord that He has changed my heart. I want to encourage and speak truth to my brides and the vendors that I come in contact with. I work with incredibly talented people and I want to spend time building them up and dreaming along with them.
- Mentor other photographers. A lot of you have asked about workshops and while I can't promise a 2014 workshop for 20 attendees, I am opening up one-on-one worskshops. I can't wait to share the details with you!
- Shoot more film.
- Celebrate the people who have supported this business. I'm thinking about throwing a party.
- Read the Word. I want to read it first thing in the morning by the window in our living room. I want to read it with no distractions. No music playing. I want to be still. Just me and God.
- Glorify Him. My deepest desire is to glorify the One that has given me this life. I want to choose Him each day. I want to be overjoyed to spend time with Him and walk with Him. I think I avoid Him because I feel unworthy. Oh, but I am not unworthy of His love. I am redeemed y'all. I am called according to His purpose and I will let Him teach me to be unhindered.
- Bake cookies/cake for our next door neighbor.
- Take our puppies on a walk at least once each week. Gradually increase distance and number of walks as they are less terrified of cars/people/other dogs/snow/leaves.
- Write thank yous.
- Read through Matthew.
- Do a personal shoot. Photograph whatever I want.
- New workflow charts.