I absolutely love photographing the bouquet on a wedding day! Who doesn’t love photographing something that is beautiful AND smells wonderful?! I have learned that my brides spend a lot of time thinking about the design of their bouquet and therefore love photos of the bouquet. I always set aside a few minutes each wedding day to photograph the bouquet in a way that the bride will enjoy! I will be talking more about setting yourself up for success with a great wedding timeline soon.
Photographs of details should never replace photographs of the couple or special moments throughout the day, so be sure to allow time to photograph what really matters!
(1) BY ITSELF - You just can’t go wrong with a classic bouquet shot. This shot looks great in an album, on the wall, in a box of prints or in a published online gallery!
(2) AROUND/OVER THE SHOULDER - In my opinion, the best bouquet shots are the ones that include the couple! So I always have the bride throw her arm around the groom so that the bouquet creates a beautiful foreground.
(3) TRADITIONAL - An editor always loves a traditional shot of the bouquet and it looks great in a blog post! This is also a great way for the bride to show off the detail of her bouquet in an album, social media or even as an enlarged print!
(4) BETWEEN THE COUPLE - This shot is absolutely my favorite. I love the emotion that seems to expressed in these photographs and adding the bouquet to the foreground makes this photograph a dream. The light. The emotion. The beautiful Blooms.
(5) DOWN THE SIDE - This is such a simple bouquet shot, but brides LOVE it! Who wouldn’t?! Photographs of the couple that show off meaningful details from the wedding day are so timeless!